Ready for a rewarding career?
We are seeking to hire a Life Skills Specialist / Direct Support Professional to be part of our creative and passionate team making a difference in the lives of people served in the Day Habilitation Program. At Grow Associates, Inc. we are committed to providing equal opportunities for people we serve guided by the values of respect, dignity and independence.
The Life Skills Specialist will support this mission by supporting participants to explore and engage in meaningful and purposeful activities that promote greater independent skills and community access based on person centered goals that lead to an improved quality of life.
$2,000 Sign on Bonus
Schedule: Mon – Fri (8am-4pm)
Salary: $20/ hour
Generous Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off annually, with 5 weeks after 2 years of employment and 6 weeks after 5 years of employment.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Paid Birthday Day off.
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Spending Plans.
- Professional Development and Education Assistance.
- Free BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership.
- Free on-site parking
- Assist people we serve to improve their communication, socialization, and fine-and-gross motor skills, and provide opportunities for enrichment through art, music, and horticulture.
- Provide assistance to individuals with all aspects of personal care needs including hygiene, bathroom assistance, feeding, transferring, repositioning, mealtime prep and dressing.
- Participate in carrying out support plans and document progress made towards each person’s Day Habilitation Support Plan (DHSP) goals and objectives.
- Carry out objectives as recommended by the Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapists. This may include assisting the people we serve with setting up, operating and safely using the habilitative equipment as directed by therapists.
- Ensure and promote ongoing health, safety and general well-being by providing proper supervision of individuals in the program.
- Be an integral part of providing support and service-based skills development.
- Ensure that all assigned paperwork documenting participants progress is completed within specified timeframe.
- Promote the independence of individuals served through learning and the development of new skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities/or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, family members and community members.
- Ability to read and write clear, concise and accurate daily reports and documentation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Pass criminal background check (CORI), SORI, reference, DPPC, National Fingerprint Background Check and TB Test.
Apply for this position
We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, or any other legally protected status pursuant to Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Act, and other relevant federal, state and local laws. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or the interview process should notify Human Resources.