Ready for a rewarding career?
We are seeking to hire a Community Integration Specialist / Direct Support Professional to be part of our creative and passionate team making a difference in the lives of individuals in our Community Based Day Supports Program (CBDS). At Grow Associates, Inc. we are committed to providing equal opportunities for people we serve guided by the values of respect, dignity and independence.
The Community Integration Specialist will promote our mission by advocating and helping create an atmosphere that fosters community integration and inclusion while supporting individuals to achieve this goal based on their interests and needs.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
Schedule: Mon-Fri (8am-4.00pm)
Full / Part-Time Positions Available
Salary: $20 / hour
Generous Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off annually, with 5 weeks after 2 years of employment and 6 weeks after 5 years of employment.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Paid Birthday Day off.
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Spending Plans.
- Professional Development and Education Assistance.
- Free BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership.
- Free on-site parking
- Assist with the development and implementation of daily activities that promote personal choice, community inclusion, dignity, and respect.
- Assist individuals develop and foster relationships in the community.
- Ensure participation in daily community activities such as volunteering, educational classes, tours, and more while enhancing personal skill development.
- Participate in developing, implementing and monitoring support plans tailored to each person’s needs and goals.
- Ensure and promote ongoing health, safety and general well-being by providing proper supervision of individuals in the program and while out in the community.
- Provide safe transport of individuals to and from planned activities.
- Ensure that all assigned paperwork documenting participants progress is completed within specified timeframe.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities/or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, family members and community members.
- Ability to read and write clear, concise and accurate daily reports and documentation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, SORI, reference, DPPC and national fingerprinting background check.
Apply for this position
We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, or any other legally protected status pursuant to Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Act, and other relevant federal, state and local laws. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or the interview process should notify Human Resources.