Ready for a rewarding career?
We are seeking to hire an Employment Specialist to be part of our creative and passionate team making a difference in the lives of individuals in our Supported Employment Program. At Grow Associates, Inc. we are committed to providing equal opportunities for people we serve guided by the values of respect, dignity and independence.
The Employment Specialist will promote our mission by advocating and helping create an atmosphere that fosters community integration and inclusion while supporting individuals to achieve the pre-employment and employment goals based on their interests and needs.
The Employment Specialist will participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team, representing the interest and needs of the individuals served in securing community-based employment by providing job coaching, job skills training, job interest exploration, and teaching job seeking skills. The Employment Specialist will provide assistance to adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities in the implementation of goals/objectives, daily programs, ADL’s, and community participation. They will ensure programmatic planning and implementation of services as it relates to Department of Developmental Services (DDS) regulations and oversee assigned case load and collaborate with outside agencies, residential programs, families and other service providers.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
Schedule: Mon-Fri (8am-4.30pm)
Salary: $21 / hour
Generous Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off annually, with 5 weeks after 2 years of employment and 6 weeks after 5 years of employment.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Paid Birthday Day off.
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Spending Plans.
- Professional Development and Education Assistance.
- Free BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership.
- Free on-site parking
- Assist individuals served to identify employment opportunities that meet their interests and abilities to promote successful placement.
- Develop and provide in-house and community based work preparedness trainings for individuals.
- Develop training strategies for individuals in their respective jobs.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to people served at community employment sites to ensure that they acquire needed skills in order to successfully maintain their employment.
- Coordinate with supervisor and other team members in identifying potential job sites for supported employment.
- Assist individuals in maintaining good quality job performance consistent with employer expectations and to resolve conflicts effectively and efficiently.
- Provide 1:1 job coaching supports and maintain regular contact with various employer sites as needed and identified in individuals’ support plans.
- Assists and attend to the personal care needs of people served as needed.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment, modification and development of career goals for individuals served.
- Act as an advocate for the individuals served.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings as required.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Assist individuals and families to understand and coordinate benefit planning related to SSI/SSDI impact to employment and assist with developing plans to remove barriers to work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities/or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a culturally diverse population of individuals, co-workers, family members and community members.
- Ability to read and write clear, concise and accurate daily reports and documentation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, SORI, reference, DPPC and national fingerprinting background check.
Apply for this position
We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, or any other legally protected status pursuant to Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Act, and other relevant federal, state and local laws. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or the interview process should notify Human Resources.