Ready for a rewarding career?
We are seeking to hire a Kitchen Manager to be part of our creative and passionate team making a difference in the lives of the people served.
At Grow Associates, Inc. we are committed to providing equal opportunities for people we serve guided by the values of respect, dignity, and independence. The Kitchen Manager will promote this mission by overseeing the operations of the Bistro and preparation of nutritious food menu items.
Schedule: Mon – Fri (40 Hours)
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
Generous Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off annually, with 5 weeks after 2 years of employment and 6 weeks after 5 years of employment.
- 12 Paid Holidays.
- Paid Birthday Day off.
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap.
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan.
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Spending Plans.
- Professional Development and Education Assistance.
- Free BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership.
- Free on-site parking
- Oversee the operations of the Bistro while ensuring compliance with Board of Health and agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch menu items.
- Ensure all required licenses, inspections and statutory requirements are in proper order at all times.
- Manage food costs, tracking waste and monitoring of kitchen labor costs.
- Ordering /purchasing food and supplies, submitting invoices and receipts in a timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and ensure proper maintenance/service occurs as needed.
- Act as an advocate to protect the rights and interests of the individuals served.
- Work closely with the Leadership team in creating and developing menus.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new culinary skills and techniques to improve Bistro services to the people served and catering opportunities.
- Attend and participate in required trainings and meetings.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the food service industry, kitchen management and/or food prep.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of individuals, managers, customers and general public.
- Current ServSafe Manager Certification.
- Ability to use a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, SORI, Reference, DPPC and national fingerprinting background check.
Apply for this position
We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, or any other legally protected status pursuant to Massachusetts Fair Employment Practices Act, and other relevant federal, state and local laws. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or the interview process should notify Human Resources.